Ok recently I’ve been thinking about our companions in SW:ToR, and well we all have our favorites. I’m going to make a list of my favorite classes, and their companions that you get. Even the ones that you get for all characters. Those are ones are Treek and HK-51, even though Treek is fairly reasonable and easier to get then HK-51, both are well worth the headaches. There is a huge LOVE/HATE on our companions in SW:ToR. It’s just how we are as a community. Now I have 3 Favorite Imperial Classes that I love to play. I will be using their companions along with the ones that are freely open to all factions/classes. First up I’ll show all the companions for Sith Warrior.
Sith Warrior’s Companions (The main ones)
- Vette- You get her on Korriban and she unlocks the inner sith tomb. While some have removed that infamous shock collar, I tend to keep it on her for sheer amusement, while at first when I started playing the SW story line. I did take it off, but then well let’s just say I have a dark side, and I just wanted to see what happens if I left it on, so I did, and even let DS Jaesa have her fun with the collar control too (Evil—Maybe, but funny as hell to hear her say “Wookie poo, and “Bantha poo”), Course now she’s in a slaves outfit on the Ship and never used.
- Malavai Quinn- Should have left and went anywhere he was told other than my damn SHIP. For a healer before I found out about Treek I thought Quinn was good. Sucked as a fighter, but was decent as a healer. I’ve always had a problem with the VA on this one. I found it quite annoying, and that “Holier than though Imperial Solider attitude of his.” , Course he whines to much for my taste too, always about some Moff that tried to ruin his career, which is why I ended up using him as a human shield. I just didn’t care for him, and after finishing the SW story and finding out that I had to keep a traitor on my ship, yeah I’d prefer to shove him out an airlock for that and many other reasons.
- Jaesa Willisaam- This one was fun to chase down. I’ve never seen her light side, and I’ve been told she’s not very fun. Her DS option now is truly funny to watch. She goes from a sweet innocent girl into a full range mode of “CRAZY” , yes even though I hate labels, she needs that label. From her dark side humor, to well just in total awee with her new Master in all things. (That is freaky to hear at times) I have used her as an active companion, and loved her abilities and all her comments as she battles, but eh, let’s me be honest here. I can only stand so much sucking up before I become immune to it. So now she’s another that terrorizes Vette.
- Lt. Pierce- I got him after the class mission on Taris. I’m not to gun-ho on another damn solider but at least he didn’t like Baras, and doesn’t like Mr. Stuffypants (Quinn). I did find his comments a few times I used him to be hilarious, but he just isn’t who I want to have my back during this time of war in the Sith Empire. I may go back and try to use him again, but eh, I’m just not into having a big mouth on my side.
- Broonmark- a Tzal that does not work for the REPUBLIC??? How is that even remotely possible. I aquired him on Hoth and refuse to use the hair ball. I prefer and most will find this strange, but I prefer basic speaking companions over those that have these strange language patterns.
Next up I’ll cover the annoying ship droid. 2V-R8
From what I heard from older players that he use to talk all the time and non stop everytime you boarded your ship. Now that would have made me wish to have his voice deactivated. Nah, cause I still want his voice deactivated. He’s really worthless,and I have to shake my head when I see people running around with him. To me he’s just one of those petty annoying droids that isn’t meant to do much of anything cept annoy you to death with his trying to help you all the time. Eh, to each their own on this one. I just leave him on ship and ignore him.
Now onto the next Imperial Class that I love just as much as the Sith Warrior.
Sith Inquisitor’s Companions ( The Main ones)
- Khem Val- When I first heard of Khem and that he was called a Dashade, I was like so many other’s a little curious as to why his former master locked him statis for all that time. I just never could fully understand how he was a consumer of force users, and etc. I guess much to the Dashade’s ill conceived past is just totally intriguing to me. Then again, I just find the story telling so well written him. Just even found it hiliarious when Zash and him had to share that body. Ohhhh that was freaky as hell, then again SI story is a strange one.
- Andronikos Revel- When I first met him, I got the impression that he was a solider of sorts that went AWOL and never returned to his post again. But his lying about who he really was , well funny as I seen right through it. He was fun to play along side for a bit, but alias all good things come to an end when getting companions.
- Ashara Zavros- I could not fathom the true need of this one. Why she was so important to the sith inquisitor story line, Her banter about not going against her teachings are truly annoying. No matter what choices the inquisitor makes, she’s never ever happy about them. Yet another one I tried to have killed and ended up with and hated having companions forced onto my character.
- Talos Drellik- Really? Why do they keep giving us really bad Companions. Healer wise, eh, I didn’t use a healer all the way up to Hoth, so why even bother? Another whining character that I’d rather push out a damn air lock then deal with. Or better yet, let me find an unexplored Tomb,and throw him in there to uncover some more sith powers for the SI to consume.
- Xalek- A good companion that matches the SI’s personality, but not all that trust worthy, and really dense at times. He wants to become “GOD” I mean really now? Out of all companions why would they allow this one to to want to become “GOD” like ..I just can’t wrap my head around him, then again I’ve also always believed the silent ones are the ones usually plotting your death of sorts. He probably is.
Imperial Agent Companion’s (Main Ones)
- Kaliyo Djannis- I really did not care for her at all. Matter of fact I would have rather killed her than take her as a starter companion on my agent. I just didn’t care for someone that could and would betray at the next turn of events. I just found her utterly useless, and her banter of taunting was low and pathetic. Probably to make up for some sort of abuse her species was known for. Can I just dump her off at the next spaceport I land into????
- Vector Hyllus- Now he has a nickname from me and I call him “BUG BOY”, I found him to be a remarkable companion. It wasn’t until after I got him on my Imperial Agent that eventually I kind of felt bad for the previous two classes killing members of Killiks you encounter on Alderaan. I used him a lot more after I aquired him over Kaliyo. Probably because he was so eager to please and was easy to work with. He had his faults, but he was way better then her in my opinion.
- Dr. Eckard Lokin- Now when I first saw him I thought to myself great, they plague me with an old man. It wasn’t until the end of my class mission Taris that I saw the reasoning for them teaming him up with the imperial agent. You get your very own healer who at will can transform into your very own walking , talking RAKGHOUL. Awesome was what I thought when I first seen it. I was shocked when I saw him transform and found out that he was not only a great healer, but a damn good DPS too. What more could you honestly want? A human that can turn himself into one of the ugliest creatures on Taris..Good work there. I loved having him at my side in the past, and will probably use him again on a new Imp Agent I’m planning on rolling.
- Raina Temple- Aquired on Hoth, but I have never used her outside of getting her on my ship. I don’t know, I don’t really care to use Miltary mostly on any of the classes if they are companions. So really don’t know much about her.
- SCORPIO- Most love her, I personally don’t have a personality about her either way. I’m not fond of being forced into taking companions, and this seems to be the SW:ToR way. Some companions are better off never joining up at all, but yet they are forced upon us.
Now onto my current companion that I’ve been using since I re-rolled Radqa on the EH Server…………………………………………………………………………
HK-51 (my Current Companion on SW)
Manufacturer: Czerka Corporation
Model Age: 300+ Years
Classifcation: High-Efficiency Assassination Droid
Most get him for his crafting and mission boost he instantly gives. Now me, I went and got him during the SoR era only because I couldn’t get to lvl 55 or whatever before then. I didn’t play this game enough back then , nor did I really follow details about things they were releasing and what not. I had seen him running around with other players and well curiosity got the best of me. I wanted him, so I waited til I hit 60, and bored on my very first Sith Warrior Zo’ris, after defeating Revan and what not. I decided to take a trek through the Section X and get the quest for HK-51. Knowing that a lot of people did not want to help getting the HK Parts again, I opted to unlock him legacy wide. Well worth the cartel coins too on that option. Course since I’ve decided to start using him, some of the comments he says have me cracking up laughing. While traveling on the various planets he says this as shown in the gallery below. He’s really quite amusing to say the least. I’m pleased and proud to be using him as I conquer the galaxy.
TREEK ( Some love her, Some hate her)
This one is just a rather odd way to get a companion. You can get it via vendor in the cartel section of the fleet, or you can buy her off the Cartel Market. As for a Tank/Healer companion. She’s the best of the best in my opinion. But her voice is another thing, I’d wish she would shut up during the fights. I do find some of her banter amusing to say none the less, specially when she’s going on about taking someone’s bits as trophies later, or how they are stupid foes. But over all I use to use her faithfully since I did the whole account unlock after getting her, but now I just can’t really be bothered. Crafting and Mission gathering is what I use her for now. But over all if they could kill some of her chatter, I’d probably use her more often.
But there you have it , in a nut shell my favorite companion by far and to date is HK-51. He wins hands down, and while I was on Makeb finishing up leveling my SW Jugg, his praises, and comments were well welcomed. He loved it when I opted to kill others, and displayed my true power as a Sith Warrior. He’s also maxed on affection too, I think I have like 2k left before hitting the infamous 10,000 Affection with him!
You’re welcomed to reblog this, pingback, or even write a post about your favorite companions. Enjoy reading.